Christmas is just around the corner and here at Oswestry and Borders Foodbank we are preparing for a very busy season, expecting to support around 1000 people with Christmas food and gift hampers.
As ever, we are reliant on the generosity of local individuals, businesses, churches, schools and community groups to ensure we can meet demand this Christmas. We are already receiving emails asking us what people can donate this year!
This year we are appealing for the following donations. These can be brought directly to us or dropped off at local collection points. We ask that all Christmas donations be received by Monday 4th December and that all items are new, sealed, in date and do not contain alcohol.
Christmas Donation List
- Tinned salmon/ hams/ nice tinned meats
- Tins of fruit & custard
- Christmas cakes/puddings/biscuits/chocolate/sweets/jelly
- Gravy, stock cubes, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, chutney
- Cheese/savoury biscuits, pickles, nuts, crisps
- Hot choc/nice coffee
- Christmas crackers and serviettes
- Small gifts/toys/ nice toiletries (must be new)